Interpretation and definitions
“Data protection legislation” shall mean the legislation purposed to protect personal information or data, applicable in the country where you reside, such as the:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
- Data Protection Act of 2018 and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (“UK GDPR”) in the UK;
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”);
- Privacy Act 2020 in New Zealand (“NZ Privacy Act”);
- The Californian Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”); and
- Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”) in South Africa.
If any of the provisions in this policy is in conflict with the data protection legislation applicable to the country in which you are residing, the principle of the relevant data protection legislation will apply.
"Personal information”/ “personal data” is used interchangeably.
Reference to “consent” shall include any electronic means by which you convey your acceptance and acknowledgement that you agree to us processing your personal information, whether it be by the clicking of a button, or through biometric means, subscribing, submitting or sending of a message, updating your profile or clicking “I Agree” button or pressing the “enter” button, scanning a QR code or by any other means, to submit/convey any information to us.
Any reference to singular shall include plural, and any reference to a certain gender shall include the opposite gender.
We place a high premium on protecting children and their privacy while using the internet.
We require the consent of the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of consent, as dictated in the country where the child resides, before we can process the information of a child.
We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
SportCentrAll® does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Information we collect
The personal information that we may process includes information necessary for us to properly manage and operate the platforms and protect and ensure our legitimate business interests. This may include all of the categories of personal information listed in the relevant data protection legislation applicable to the country in which you are residing, and amongst other, include at least all of the following information:
- Information and content you provide: We collect the consent, communications and other information you provide when you use and/or access our platforms, including when you share content, and message or communicate with us directly or via our platforms or via any other means. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyse context and what's in them for the purposes described below. We specifically process the following personal information about you:
- your name, company name, email address, phone number
- gender and age
- country of birth
- video images
- the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
- Your usage: We collect information about how you use our platforms, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the accounts and/or members you interact with or visit; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities and/or your visits to our website. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our platforms, and what posts, pages and other content you view on our platforms. We also collect information about how you use certain features of our platforms;
- Device information: As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our platforms, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our platforms on your phone to better personalize the content (including ads) or features you see on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an advertisement we showed you on your device. Information we may obtain from these devices include:
- Device attributes: Information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: Information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: Unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from services, apps, pages or accounts you use, or other identifiers unique to us or our Site/s associated with the same device or account.
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: Information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things like help you stream content to or through all your devices.
- Cookie data: Data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
- Information from partners. Advertisers, Site developers, and publishers can send us information through, including our social plug-ins, such as our APIs. These partners provide information about your activities on our Site, including information about your device, websites you visit, purchases you make, the advertisements you see, and how you use their services. Whether or not you have an account with us or are logged into our website. For example, a partner could use our API to tell us what pages you viewed, or a business could tell us about a purchase you made in its store. We also receive information about your online and offline actions and purchases from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information.
- Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing any data to us.
- We will limit the types of personal information processed to only that to which you have given your consent and which is necessary for our legitimate business interests, or as allowed by law.
How we collect your information:
We may collect or obtain personal information about you:
- if you contact us directly;
- when you register an account;
- in the course of our relationship with you;
- when you make your personal information public;
- when you visit, use or interact with our platforms; and
- when you interact with any third party content or advertising on our platforms.
We may also receive personal information about you from third parties such as inter alia law enforcement authorities.
When will we process your personal information:
Personal information may be processed by us when:
- you access, visit, browse, register, subscribe (register an account) and/or apply for and use our platforms;
- you register to receive any notifications from us in respect of our email authentication service and/or our text message authentication service;
- we carry out research;
- it is required by law; and
- it is in your best interest.
You acknowledge that all personal information processed by us may be stored by us and used, inter alia, for any of the purposes, but not exclusively, listed in clause 8) below.
How we use your information - Purpose of processing:
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- provide, operate, and maintain our website;
- improve, personalize, and expand our website;
- understand and analyze how you use our website;
- develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- send you emails;
- find and prevent fraud; and
- promote safety and security.
How we store your personal information:
Irrespective of where you reside, all of the information you provide to us is stored manually, and/or on our secure cloud-based platform and/or servers operated, maintained and protected in the United States of America.
The information will be processed by persons operating in the USA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or service providers. Such persons may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of our obligations towards you, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. These parties are named below:
Google Firebase (Google, Inc.)
Records of the personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary for operational or archiving purposes unless retention of record is required or authorised by law. Records of the information may be retained for periods in excess of those contemplated for historical, statistical or research purposes. This will be subject to us establishing appropriate safeguards (which can include de-identifying the records) against the records being used for any other purpose.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will use appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measurements to protect the information, we cannot however guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our platform or to any other location by electronic means. Any transmission is at your own risk. However, once we have received the information, we will use appropriate and reasonable technical organisational measurements to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Data Integrity and Security
We have implemented and will maintain technical, administrative and physical measures that are reasonably designed to help protect personal information form unauthorised processing, such as unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or an access code which enables you to access our platforms, or certain parts of our platforms, you are responsible for keeping this password and access code confidential. We ask you not to share a password or access code with anyone. Should you share your password or access code with anyone, you indemnify us against any damages or third-party claims which resulted from said sharing.
SportCentrAll® follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Sharing of your personal information:
We will not disclose any of your personal information to any person, except when we have your consent and/or permission to do so or where we are required to do so in terms of law or if same is in your best interest.
You agree that your personal information may be shared:
- to our holding companies, subsidiary companies, agents, advisers, partners, service providers and suppliers, or in the event of a change control if the ownership or control of all or a part of our Site/s changes, we may transfer your information to such new owner; and
- where the law requires that we disclose your personal information to a party, and where we have reason to believe that a disclosure of personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a party who may be in breach of the terms or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities, or where the disclosure of your personal information would be in your best interest.
Marketing and Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you may like, as well as those of partner companies we may engage from time to time.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting your for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of our group of companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the Unsubscribe button in the relevant email communication or email us at: email@example.com.
Note that SportCentrAll® has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
We may place a "cookie" on your browser to store and sometimes track information about you.
To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Data Protection Rights
Depending on where you are residing, your personal data will be processed by SportCentrAll® in accordance with data protection legislation applicable to the country within which you are residing.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
- The right to withdraw you consent for us to process your personal information at any time.
- The right to not have your personal information processed for purposes of direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications from third parties unknown to you.
- The right to institute civil proceedings regarding an alleged interference with the protection of your personal information processed in accordance with these terms.
If the CCPA applies to us, you also have the right to:
- opt-out of the sale of their personal information;
- opt-out of the sharing of their personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising;
- limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information collected about them; and
- non-discrimination for exercising CCPA rights.
No accountability for errors
Sport Central Holdings (Pty) Ltd shall have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties. In addition, if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the website, such information may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the website.
This policy was last updated on 8 September 2023.
What happens if there is a data breach?
In case of a personal data breach we will inform the relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours (if feasible) of becoming aware of the breach. An internal document is available detailing what steps need to be taken in case of a data breach and can be requested by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you yourself become aware of a data breach, you should register this immediately with the Information Officer/ Representative referred to under clause 20 so that we can determine if further action is necessary.
We will inform you if a data breach leads to a likely high risk affecting your rights and freedoms. We will provide you with a description of the likely consequences of the personal data breach, a description of the measures taken, or proposed to be taken and a contact point where more information about the breach can be obtained.
The Information Officer/Representative:
Attention: Mr C Nel
Contact Number: +61863837864
Email address: email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the relevant data protection authority or seek legal advice.